WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 Review



There's a certain kind of person that exists in this world. Sometimes we're aware of him, sometimes we know him, sometimes we are him. That kind of person who when you first meet him is an absolute bore. Nothing intriguing, a bit abrasive, purposely hard to get to know, generally repulsive. However, if you spend some time with this person, get him to open up a little bit, their true self can be revealed. With a little effort, a person like this can be found to be a deep, loyal, and truly gratifying friend.

All of the attributes that I just mentioned can be said of THQ's latest release, WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009. I'll admit it, my first impressions of this game were not positive. I didn't see much of this game outside of being a roster update. However, the more I played it, the more I saw, and the more I liked.

One of the many things I really like about this game is the single player experience. For a couple of years, I've been asking them to do exactly what they did this year. Rather than raving one story driven career mode, they split it up into a career mode and a separate story mode dubbed "Road to Wrestlemania". The Road to Wrestlemania mode contains story lines seemingly inspired by some of the most deep and compelling story arcs in the history of the WWE. Meanwhile, the career mode allows you to take any wrestler you want, even ones of your own creation, and collect every scrap of gold in the WWE.

Throw in create a finisher, Highlight Reel, and the infamous Inferno match, and what you have with WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 is a game you can continue to play all year long. All you have to do is give it some time, sink your teeth in, and let the game's greatness reveal itself.

WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009: A-

No comments: