Drift


I haven't been able to write this week.  I've hardly been able to think.  Between a partial failure in my creative pursuits, my frustrations with my financial goals, and the news, I've been feeling overloaded, overcomplicated, and just muddled to the point where I couldn't really think straight.  At times like this, I know I need to just drift away, float off, and just let go.  There are two techniques I use to do this, and neither of them involve drugs.  One of these techniques is meditation.  Closing my eyes, breathing deeply, and allowing everything to settle out.  The other technique involves listening to the music of Jack Johnson.  I just find my Jack Johnson playlist, hit shuffle, and go.  Here are some of the songs that I listen to.  Enjoy. 














 
"So, what do you think this piece looks like?"

"Well...Um...I think...Maybe it's...It could be...Ahh..."  I had something on the tip of my tongue, but I did not want to say that I thought the piece looked like a giant penis.

"I think the piece looks like a giant penis."

Volume 11 by Hunter Red.  Serialization to begin August 7th at Redertainment.com

No comments: