The Brutal Slaughter Of A Joke

Red Review: Just Bieber- My World 2.0

Upon learning of his winning of the American Music Award for artist of the year, many people expressed their outrage at Justin Bieber. They said things like "WHAT THE FUCK!" "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!" "HOW DARE THEY SNUB (Insert Artist Here)?!?!?" "THE AMA ARE SHIT!!!!!!!!!" I was one of these people. The comment I made was "Name me one Justin Bieber song that is good!" About a day after I made that comment I thought about it again, and I was honestly disgusted with myself. I had done what I slam many gaming critics for doing: I judged somethings without experiencing it myself. I had judged Just Bieber as bad based on the opinions of other people, not myself. So, I sought to change that. I bought Justin Bieber's 2010 release "My World 2.0". I didn't just listen to it once and did away with it, I listened to this CD, in it's entirety, four times. This is what I thought of it.

The first impression I got from this CD is that it sounded very feminine. This is an impression that was reinforced the further I got into the CD. I'm not referring to the vocal range that Justin Bieber utilizes, I'm referring to the content. Listen, if you will, to this:



Now listen to these:







Notice how smilier those songs sound? Notice how "That Should Be Me" sounds like it could have been sung by a woman? That is true of every track on My World 2.0. From "Somebody To Love" to "Never Let You Go" to "Up", each track Justin Biever sings seems written to be sung by a woman.

This isn't a bad thing. When I sing at karaoke, I only sing song performed by female vocalists. From "Gold Lion" by Yeah Yeah Yeah to "Come Into My World" by Kylie Minogue to "Your Love Is My Drug" by Ke$ha, parties at the offices of The Redertainment Corporation Of America are filled with yours truly singing songs sung by women. I do this because I know it's funny. I know it's funny to see a guy break gender norms and do things that might make people think he's gay. So, why does Justin Bieber sings songs written to be sung by women?

The tracks that play behind Justin's singing are rather good, but that's probably because of the fact that acclaimed R&B singer Usher produced this CD. Justin's vocal range isn't that good, but he's young and hasn't grown into his voice. I mean, look at the suff that Bow Wow is putting out now. Overall, My World 2.0 isn't bad, which is shocking seeing as, given the buzz I had heard beforehand, I was expecting horrendous abomination to recorded sound. It isn't that good either, outside of "That Should Be Me", most of this CD is what would constitute filler on most pop music albums. All in all, My World 2.0 is slightly above average.

Justin Bieber- My World 2.0: C+



Antiquated Communication 1

Dear Bethesda,

I've reached a point in this game where I need to level up to finish some of the missions, and I can't level up because all the missions that I can finish as current level suffers from a glitch that prevents me from completing the mission. In short, I'd like to play Fallout: New Vegas more, but I can't because of the glitches. Fix them. FIX THEM! FIX THE FUCKING BUGS IN FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS!!!

Signed,
Hunter Red



Antiquated Communication 2

Dear West Valley City,

I live within the borders of your city. In this city, you hold us to a standard when it comes to the clearing of snow from our the sidewalk in front of our houses. We have 24 hours to clear the snow from out sidewalks or we get fined, a fine that gets higher the longer out sidewalks is not cleared. I see the need for our sidewalks to be clears, as I have many children, elderly, and disabled persons in my neighborhood. However, I don't think it's fair that you hold us to a standard when it comes to the clearing of snow from my sidewalk but no standard seems to exist for the clearing of snow from our roads.

The state of the roads in my neighborhood is unbearable. They are borderline impassible. If I was to park my car on the side of the street I live on, I'd basically be putting my car in a snowbank that I might not be able to get myself out of. Sure, the main roads that sit on the outside of my neighborhood are clear, but the roads inside the neighborhood are suited better for a dogsled than for a car.

I understand that West Valley City is a big place and that you have a limited amount of snowplows, but this is unacceptable. I want this dealt with. If you insist on holding us to a standard of clearing our sidewalks of snow within one days, I will hold you to the standard of clearing our roads within three. That standard for you is just as fair as the standard you hold us to.

Signed,
Hunter Red



Red Review: Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 5 is a game that has been eagerly anticipated for about as long as the Playstation 3 has been in existence. Finally, after a long, long, long, long wait, GT5 was released to the world. A game of this caliber cannot be judged based on the visuals, sound, or gameplay alone. It must be judged on what is the equivalent of the different levels of this game, the tracks that you drive your high class luxury automobiles on. That is what I will do with this review.

Track #1- Chinese Democracy
The first track of Gran Turismo 5 is a nice opener. Combining elements from it's past with elements from the modern day, Chinese Democracy is a track with a nice tempo, pacing, and overall flow.

Track #2- Shackler's Revenge
Coming off the quick opening track, Shackler's Revenge is a high octane followup that keeps the pace of Gran Turismo 5 going. There is however an artificial feel to this track that takes away from this track's true greatness. Overall, this is a nice second track.

Track #3- Better
After the quickness of the first two tracks, Better is a nice change of pace. This track is slower but still maintains the rock hard pace that has been set forth.

Track #4- Street Of Dreams
The track Street Of Dreams feels like a track I've experienced in Gran Turismo's past. This isn't a bad thing for fans of Gran Turismo, The nostalgic quality is definitely welcomed by me. There is a long straightaway near the middle of this track that is truly beautiful.

Track #5- If The World
There is a Mediterranean quality to this track that I was not expecting. This is certainly an intriguing track that changed what I was expecting from the rest of Gran Turismo 5.

Track #6- There Was A Time
The opening of There Was A Time has a very grand quality to it. The place this track is set in is somewhere I would like to live in. This track serves also as a nice place to rest near the middle of this racing game.

Track #7- Catcher In The Rye
This track takes a second to kick in, and once it does you wish it would have kicked in harder. I also wonder if people will get some of the subtle references contained in this track, or if some of what you see in the building that line this track will go over the heads of most racing fans.

Track #8- Scraped
The opening of this track leads you down one path, but once the true nature of this track kicks in, it's incredibly jarring. Elements of the opening are brought back later, but the jarring quality of what makes up the majority of this track is a nice change of pace that was very appreciated by myself.

Track #9- Riad N' The Bedouins
First of all, this track has a very strange name. I'm not even sure what the Bedouins are. Once this tracks truly starts, the nature of the track changes frequently. It seems the makers of this track wanted gamers to experience a challenge, a true test of their street driving and off road racing skills, all in one track. This is good for a career mode, but I'm not sure if it'll translate to the arcade mode very well.

Track #10- Sorry
After the challenge, a nice mellow track. This is nice. Long sloping curves, large straightways, and an overall pleasant driving experience.

Track #11- I.R.S.
After the mellow track, a track to pick up the pace and wake the gamer up. Again, there are subtle references imbedded into this track that most gamers may not get. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's my experience that people appreciate what you're doing more if people know what you are doing.

Track #12- Madagascar
A grand quality starts this track, which gives the player an impression that the end is near. The atmosphere of this track seems a bit grating to me. Definitely the weakest track of this game when it comes to atmosphere.

Track #13- This I Love
If there was a track that expresses the love that many people have for cars and car racing, this track would express that love. Hell, you could even compare this track to many of the love ballads that I hear on the radio.

Track #14- Prostitute
So the end is here, and this track wraps up Gran Turismo 5 nicely. With the challenging parts of this game behind us, this track serves as a gift to the people who actually make it to the end of this game. This is a track that players can race on over and over, every time remembering the times they've had playing Gran Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo games in the past.

Overall, Gran Turismo 5 is a really great game. I'm sure that people who were scorned by the long, long, long, LONG, wait for this game will pass on this game, and it's their loss. Gran Turismo 5 may not get the accolades it deserves, but people who do experience this much anticipated game will get an experience that they will treasure as much and the games that will be laden with awards.

Gran Turismo 5: A



So, here.

No comments: