Televisionia

Televisionia

Down the street from The Official Offices of The Redertainment Corporation Of America is a diner. This diner serves good, healthy dinners and fine sandwiches for the lunch rush. This diner also offers delivery, which is how I usually gave this diner business while I was working on my writing. This diner is called Televisionia. Recently, the delivery service was temporarily suspended, meaning if I wanted to continue eating from this diner I had to go down to the diner and get the food myself. On Wednesday, I did this. I went down to the diner, ordered their signature "The Chicago Code" and took a seat as I waited for my order. As I waited, a middle aged man came up from the back part of the diner and talked to me.

"Hello," the man said to me.

"Hi," I replied.

"It's good to see you in here."

"Okay." I didn't know what to make of this conversation.

"I'm sorry if I'm weirding you out. It's just with the closure of one of the streets in front of my diner, the Peabody Strauss Netherway, business has been down a bit."

"So, you're the owner of this diner."

"Yes." The man then extended his hand to me. "I am Hulu Televisionia, and I own this place."

I shook Hulu's hand, and said, "Good to meet you. By the way, have the people working on the road told you when they'll be done?"

"No. The people working on the road, South Orange North Yolk didn't even tell me that they were going to be working on the road before the just started tearing it up."

"Really? That's fucked up."

"Yes. I wouldn't use that strong of language, but yes, it is. Anyway, I wanted to offer you this." Hulu then dug into the pocket on the front of his shirt and handed me a piece of paper. This paper was a coupon for a free meal from Televisionia.

"Ah thank you. But, why are you doing this? I mean it's not your fault that the road was torn up."

"Yes, but I want my customers to know that I appreciate their continued business. Also, this serves as a good PR boost for me, something South Orange North Yolk seems not to be interested in."

I put the coupon in my pocket and said, "Well, thanks. I'll have to use this the next time I come in."

"Great. Enjoy your meal." Hulu said this to me as me order was delivered to me. I stepped outside, intending to make my way back to my office, when I looked and saw something that caught my attention. Hulu saw that something had caught my attention. "You aren't thinking of using the coupon now, are you?"

"No, I just saw that." I pointed toward another road crew working on a road that serves as a alternate to the Peabody Strauss Netherway. "What is that?"

"Oh, that is the Liveway. It's a road that been rumored for a while, but the people making the road just recently got finished."

I was shocked by this. "Really?"

"Yes."

"Can people use this road as an alternative to get to your diner?"

"Yes." Hulu started smiling.

"So, will your delivery service be back up and running soon."

"Yes, on Friday in fact." Hulu was now smiling ear to ear.

"That's cool. You must be very happy."

"Yes, I am."

"By the way, who's doing that road work?"

"Microsoft."

I was shocked by this. "Really? They make roads?"

"Yes, Microsoft kind of does everything. They're like Walmart, except not the kind of evil that Walmart is."

"Hmmm. Well, I look forward to giving you more business." I walked away from Televisionia, with my order in hand, intending to go back to that diner again and again and again, thanks to the fine road work done by Microsoft.


THE END

No comments: