The Reunion: Part 1

The Reunion

Cast-
Jed Harbor- 27 year old manager at Harbor Books And Etc.. Currently resides in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Holland Wheatear- 28 year old photographer for The Ridgefield Press. Currently resides in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
Matt Bowen- 28 year old former Hunter High School class Historian, organizer of the Hunter High School Class of 2001 Reunion, classmate of Jed and Holland.
Liz- Employee of Harbor Books
Cambra- Housewife, classmate of Jed and Holland.
Husbandguy- Married to Cambra
Anthony- Classmate of Jed and Holland.
Jeremy- Classmate of Jed and Holland.
The Bishop- Jed's former Bishop

Part 1



Jed Harbor, pictured above on the left, is sitting in his office working on advertising for his store, Harbor Books And Etc., located in Sugarhouse, UT, when his employee, Liz, yells at him from the front of the store.
Liz- Jed.
Jed Harbor- Yes?
Liz- There's a man here to see you. He says his name is Matt Bowen.
Jed Harbor- I don't recognize that name.
Liz- He says that he was your class historian the year you graduated from High School.
Jed Harbor- Okay. That may or may not be true, but I still don't know who that guy is.
Liz- What should I tell him?
Jed Harbor- Tell him I'm not here.

What Jed doesn't realize, or doesn't care about, is that his office door is open and Matt Bowen, pictured above on the right, is standing in a place where he can see and hear Jed talk to Liz.

Liz- Jed, he can see you.

Jed looks up and sees that the man who came to see him can see him.

Jed Harbor- Oh. Tell him I'm not here anyway.
Liz- I'll send him in.
Jed Harbor- What?

Matt Bowen enters Jed Harbor's office and extends him hand to him.

Matt Bowen- Hello Jed. It's great to see you again.

Jed looks at Matt's hand as if he's just extended a fish toward him.

Jed Harbor- Great. Now, who are you again?
Matt Bowen- I'm Matt Bowen.
Jed Harbor- That doesn't help me.
Matt Bowen- I graduated from the same class as you. I was the class historian.
Jed Harbor- That doesn't help me.
Matt Bowen- I took Advanced Physics with you. You helped me with my final project.
Jed Harbor- Are you going to say something that will help me remember who the fuck you are?
Matt Bowen- Would you mind not swearing in front of me, you friggin' scruffy hippy.
Jed Harbor- Oh, now I remember you. You were the only person who called me a hippy that is not somewhere between old and fucking old.
Matt Bowen- Yes.
Jed Harbor- Good. Now, get the fuck out of my office.
Matt Bowen- No, I need to talk to you about something.

Jed Harbor starts moving his computer mouse around.

Matt Bowen- Our ten year High School reunion is coming up, next Saturday in fact.

Jed Harbor clicks on something with his mouse.

Matt Bowen- And I was wonder if you would-



Just then, Jed's computer starts playing an abrasive East German Orchestral Death Metal song. Matt begins to try to talk over the music.

Matt Bowen- Would you mind-

Jed makes no effort to speak over the music.

Jed Harbor- What?
Matt Bowen- Would you turn that-
Jed Harbor- Up? Okay.

Jed turns his loud, abrasive, East German orchestral death metal music up louder. Matt tries to block his ears, which prompts Jed to turn the loud, abrasive, German orchestral death metal up even louder. After a couple of moments of the loud music being loud, Liz comes into Jed's office. She reaches toward the wall, pulls out the surge protector providing energy for Jed's computer, shows it to him, drops it, then leaves. Matt turns to Liz and says-

Matt Bowen- Thank you.
Jed Harbor- I really need to get a battery power supply for this thing.
Matt Bowen- Now, as I was saying-
Jed Harbor- You're still here?
Matt Bowen- Yes. I wanted to know, if you were-
Jed Harbor- If I was single? Yes, but not interested.
Matt Bowen- No. I wanted to know-
Jed Harbor- The meaning of life? It's a movie from the Monty Python crew that, while not as good as Holy Grail or Life of Brian, still is quite good.
Matt Bowen- No. Are you-
Jed Harbor- High?
Matt Bowen- -going to-
Jed Harbor- Hell?
Matt Bowen- -our high school reunion?

Jed is struck by this question. Matt perceived this as a positive.

Matt Bowen- Are you thinking it over?

Jed doesn't respond.

Matt Bowen- Is that a maybe?

Jed doesn't respond.

Matt Bowen- Is that a yes.

Jed Harbor finally responds.

Jed Harbor- Mark-
Matt Bowen- Matt.
Jed Harbor- Okay, Mark, my silence was not me thinking over whether I wanted to go to my high school reunion or not. My silence was me trying to come up with a new and inventive way of saying "Fuck No" to you. The best I can come up with is "Sexual Intercourse Negatory".

Matt takes this news negatively.

Matt Bowen- Ugh. Okay. Well, if you change your mind, here's an invitation.

Matt takes out an invitation and places it on Jed's desk.

Matt Bowen- If you change your mind-
Jed Harbor- Which I doubt.
Matt Bowen- -I'd love to see you there.
Jed Harbor- Which you wont.

Matt leaves Jed's office and makes his way out of Harbor Books And Etc.. Jed pulls out his Droid X and starts fiddling around with it. He pulls up the Facebook App, searches around for a while, and finds the Facebook page for the Hunter High School Class of 2001 Ten Year High School Reunion Page, which is the high school reunion Matt Bowen just talked to him about. Jed looks around the page for a bit, specifically at who is already said that they will attend the reunion.

Jed Harbor- Hmmm. Anthony's going, Devin's going, Cambra's going, Jeremy's going,-

Then Jed stops when he sees one of the names of the people who are going.

Jed Harbor- Holland? Holland Wheatear?

Jed clicks on his name and his Facebook page pops up.

Jed Harbor- Yeah, that's him, Holland. Hmmm.

Jed backs out to the reunion Facebook page. He then clicks on the RSVP button and confirms that he will be attending the reunion.

Jed Harbor- You know, it might be nice to see Holland again. I'd have to spend the night avoiding Matt, either that or come up with another way to say "Fuck No", but it might just be worth it.


END PART 1

No comments: