Monumental Bugs


Monumental Fail

Earlier on this week, I wrote a criticism of  Monumental: In Search of America's National Treasure.  I based this criticism on something I heard during the trailer of this film, which I saw just before watching The Hunger Games.  That criticism would be posted here, however I cannot find the trailer that I saw.  I looked high and low for it but simply can not find it.  Sigh.



Fallout: New Vegas: Final Impressions 
I started playing Fallout: New Vegas recently.  The ultimate edition had come out and I wanted to play it again after having stopped playing it just after the initial release.  The reason I stopped playing Fallout: New Vegas the first time was because of several bugs that prevented me from finishing several of the missions I needed to finish in order to level up to the point where I could tackle the endgame.
This time when playing Fallout: New Vegas I did not encounter mission bug, but I did encounter other frequent bugs.  Sometimes, when the game would try to load something, the game would stutter, stall, freeze, or crash altogether.  I would be playing for hours but, near the end of my play session, encounter a freezing bug that would leave me with a negative impression of my play session.
In the end I stopped playing the game after becoming frustrated with these bugs.  I now understand the frustration that people have with bugs in their games.  Things like this should not happen in games, much less console games where the game is presumably optimized to play on that platform.  Much like the first time I tried to play this game, I stopped playing Fallout: New Vegas because of bugs that prevented me from going further in the game, which will paint my viewpoint of this franchise and the developer of this game.

No comments: