Volume 11: Part 1- Moenia Prima: Friday, August 5th, 11:06 A.M.


Friday, August 5th, 11:06 A.M.
First thing this morning I got a call from Valerie.  She told me that she had gotten me a job interview at the school she works at.  It's for a janitorial position, not a good job but it's a start.  I thanked her for what she'd done for me then hung up.
The janitorial position is a good one, it's better than the nothing I'm doing now, but I was hoping for something better, something substantial, something liberating.  I've been thinking for some time about leaving.  Not just leaving Moenia Prima, but leaving Dolore altogether.  Velas, especially the city of Amcan, is a place that has always appealed to me for some reason.  The music that comes from Velas is better than here, the television is more varied than the drivel produced here, and the food seems to be more vibrant.  Although, if I'm completely honest, the main appeal of Velas is that Velas is not here.  Velas is not Dolore.
Today I acted on these thoughts, and attempted to access a Velasian job hunting website.  When I tried to access it a message from the Dolore government came up telling me it was blocked.  Weird.  So I tried going to the Velas Broadcast News Service website.  It was blocked.  Weird.  Just as a test, I tried going to Megaphone, the biggest music television and radio service for Velas.  It was blocked.  Weird.
I'll have to find out what's going on.
Later.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: