Volume 11: Part 1- Moenia Prima: Thursday, August 11th, 6:47 P.M.


Thursday, August 11th, 6:47 P.M.
Today was my second interview for the janitorial position at Moenia Prima Elementary School.  This one was interesting.  I showed up at the school early for my interview, like I usually do.  However, unlike how it is normally, it seemed to me I was the only one being interviewed, or, at the very least, I was the only one who bothered to show up.
After waiting for a short amount of time, Valerie came into the room where I was sitting.  "Hato, could you come with me, please."
"But I'm waiting for a job interview."
Valerie smiled and said, "Yes, I'll be one of the people interviewing you."  I followed Valerie down a short hallway to a small office where I was interviewed the first time.  I had to stop myself from staring at Valerie's beautiful long legs and I followed her, so I thought of one of the times I had secretly seen Valerie getting dressed.  I should have just stared at her legs.
Inside the room, I met Conrad Le Barton, the man who conducted the first interview, and a man I know far too well, Allen Furcifer.  Allen Furcifer was the Vice Principal at Moenia Prima High School, which is the high school I graduated from.  Allen Furcifer is also a dick.  Now, I don't mean dick in the sense that all Vice Principals are dicks.  I mean dick in the way that anybody that's in an unquestionable position of authority becomes a dick.
I sat down in front of my three interviewers.  Valerie was smiling with her hands folded neatly in front of her.  Conrad wasn't looking at me, he was busy looking over my paperwork.  Mr. Furcifer has this scowl on his face that looked like he had just eaten something that tasted like ass, smelled something that smelled like ass, and was looking at something that looked like ass.  Not that fine ass that Valerie has, the kind of ass I imagine Mr. Furcifer has.  Old man ass.
The interview itself was generally positive.  Valerie asked me questions having to do with my personality and my outlook on life.  Conrad went over my qualifications and past work experience.  Mr. Furcifer aggressively questioned my work ethic, questions that I answered adeptly, bolstered by info from the paperwork sitting in front of Conrad.  The interview didn't go as swimmingly as the one I had with the DFPS, but I've had worse interviews.  A lot worse.  This interview was miles better than my interview at Warrior Technological.
Later.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: