Volume 11: Part 4- Vierdestad: Tuesday, October 25th, 8:55 A.M.


Tuesday, October 25th, 8:55 A.M.
I stared at the door to the hotel room for a good long time.  As I did so I was coming up with dozens of possible outcomes from my conversation with Rinoa.  The only outcome in my mind that was anywhere close to good was the one where we had crazy animal sex.  At least I think that was good.  When I finally did knock on the door to the hotel room, what unfolded was not any outcome I thought.  Most certainly not crazy animal sex.
When I finally knocked on the door, Rinoa quickly answered it.  She looked beautiful, as she always does.  Rinoa's beauty, combined with me not knowing what to say, left me speechless.  Thankfully Rinoa filled the void.
"I heard you out here, you've been standing here for a while.  Is there something you want?"
There was hostility in what Rinoa said to me but I could also sense a little bit of hope there.  I knew that if I wanted to cultivate some kind of relationship with this woman, or at least take a shower, I needed to take advantage of this hope.  "Captain Ushtar sent me up here to ask you about going clothes shopping."
"Is that it?  You've been standing out here waiting to ask me that?"  If Rinoa's hostility toward me was clear to me from her last statement, her cynicism was just as clear with that one.
"I also need to take a shower."
"How is that a problem?  Don't you have a room of your own to shower in?"
"No.  Captain Ushtar said he tried to find me a room but he wasn't able to do it."
After I said that, Rinoa looked at me, almost as if she was trying to see if I was being sincere or not.  "Okay, you can take a shower, but I'm going to stand in the hall as you do so.  Also, when I'm taking a shower or changing or doing anything in here, you have to stand in the hallway too."
I didn't really want to put up an argument, so all I said was, "Okay."  With that Rinoa stepped into the hallway, allowed me to walk into the hotel room, then pulled the door closed.
I took a shower, or at least I tried to take a shower.  Sure this place is cheap, which explains the postage stamp towels, but come the fuck on.  If they're going to supply us with shampoo, give us more than just a tablespoon size container of it!  I'd have made more progress in cleaning myself with the bottle it came in than I did with the half dollop of gunk that was provided.
When I was done showering and not getting myself clean, I left the hotel room I guess I now "share" with Rinoa.  As I did so, I asked Rinoa about going clothes shopping.  Rinoa said she wasn't up for going but that I should pick something up for her.  When I asked her what she wanted, Rinoa found a pad of paper, a pen, and scribbled something down.  Rinoa folded the paper, placed it in my hand.  "Pick what you want, don't go overboard."
As I was heading back downstairs to Ushtar I looked at what Rinoa wrote.  After reading the paper, I felt a bit better about my prospects with Rinoa.  If she didn't think at least a little bit well about me who would she let me know she's a 34C?
Later.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: