Moving In Slow-Motion: Premise

 
Over the past year, or so, I've been trying to put myself in a position to buy a house.  This has been a long exhaustive process that I expect to continue going through for a very, VERY, long time.  As a consequence of this process, my writing has suffered due to a drop in the amount of things I can write about due to the drop in the amount of things I can buy, do, and experience due to the sacrifices that I've chosen to make in order to buy a house, which I have to keep on telling myself will pay off someday.  This drop in the amount of content I have written for my blog weighs heavily on my mind.  As I was thinking about this burden that I have put on myself, I came up with a solution that will allow me to write more while also putting myself through the masochistic-like torture that is trying to buy a house.
I have decided to go forward with a series of blog posts where I compile a list of things that I could have bought if I wasn't saving for a house.  This will be a series put out once ever other week, due to the fact that I only get paid once every other week.  If you want this series to occur more frequently, I suggest buying my books so that I can actually start getting paid for doing that shit.  As a part of this I will not be factoring in things like taxes, shipping and handling charges, and other incidentals because, in the world in which I am writing this series, bad things do not happen, everything goes smoothly, and bright, shiny rainbows fly out of my butt.
Several products will be seen on a frequent basis on this new series.  Those products are alcohol, video games, movies, TV shows on DVD, music, or books.  Other products may make an appearance, but in the world where this series takes place, I get drunk often and play video games while also drunk drunk drunk druknak drukndku drunk druknk drunk.
This series will fall under the title "Moving In Slow Motion".  The phrase "Moving In Slow Motion" comes from a line in the Ben Fold Five song Regrets.  Regrets is how I mostly feel about putting myself through the process of attempting to buy a house, regret that I will feel untill I finally succeed in my goal, or fail in a spectacular fashion.  And by spectacular, I mean tragic and sad and other synonyms for bad.  Enjoy!
Project Buy A House: Saving For A Down Payment: 46.9% Complete

No comments: