Moving In Slow Motion: 50.9% Complete

So payday is here once again, and it's time for me to go full on masochist, and compile a list of the things that I could buy for myself if I wasn't pursuing Project Buy A House.  This time around, thanks to not having a car payment but also having a giant fucking SUV that costs a lot of money in gas, I have...
$717.45 for me to not spend on myself.  Okay, let's get started.
On Saturday, in a much publicized fight, Floyd "Money" Mayweather will defend his Super Welterweight World Championship against to contender Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.  This boxing match is supposed to be a great one, a fight that any sports fan has been repeatedly told that they should not miss.  The Maywether/Canelo fight can be seen for...
$74.95 for High Definition and $64.95 for Standard Definition.  WHAT?!?  Sixty-five bucks for a boxing pay-per-view when UFC and WWE pay-per-views cost only fifty bucks?  You gotta be fucking shitting me!  Why would I pay that much for an event that I am only interested in for one match?  Why would I pay that much for an event, when I could watch WWE Night Of Champions for $44.99 online?  In fact, if I wasn't pursuing Project Buy A House, I would be buying Night Of Champions, which would leave me with $672.46 for me to not spend on myself.

Ever since I bought a new laptop when my old laptop broke, I've been thinking about buying a new Media PC.  I don't need a new Media PC, but people have been taunting me with their ability to play kick-ass PC games, and I want in.  On Newegg, I found the iBUYPOWER A10-Series APU 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity Desktop PC Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit AMD NE6800K for only $579.99.  This computer has a AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Processor, 8GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS x 1600MHz SERIES RAM of RAM, and other things that I do not understand but think are impressive because I think large numbers attached to technical things are impressive.  This apparently would be a great PC to buy for myself if I was not pursuing Project Buy A House.  Okay, that leaves me with $92.47 for me to not spend on myself.
The 2001 Heitz Cellar "Trailside" Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is apparently a good kind of wine, as opposed to the boxed shit that I usually don't buy because I have self respect... and they don't sell box wine in Walmarts in Utah because our alcohol laws suck.  It apparently goes well with Potato Salad with Green Beans, Artichokes, Red Peppers & Olives, Parsnip Risotto with Pancetta and Sage, and other shit I don't eat.  So why have I chosen to feature this product in my blog?  Because the Utah DABC is currently selling the 2001 Heitz Cellar "Trailside" Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon for $92.37, which is just inside my price range.  Sure $92.37 is a high price for this wine, but I can't buy wine in the way that civilized people do.  Instead, I have to buy wine in the way that the Utah State Legislature thinks that I should because they are apparently my father and thinks that they know best for me.  Okay, after that purchase that I will not be making for myself, I have $0.10 left for me to not spend on myself.  That seems like a good place to stop.  That is unless I can find something online that costs only a dime.
Hey look!  Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe is selling for only $0.07!  Sure I don't know anything about what this book is or if the book is any good, but I do know that it is only seven motherfucking cents, which is just inside my price range.  Now, I could go further and find something online that is only three cents... and then I did and found a book by an alleged doctor who is truly deplorable person.  So I'll stop here.
That's it for Moving In Slow Motion for this week.  Join me again in two weeks so you can all watch me torture myself in full view of the world.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it because, as I stated earlier, I am a masochist.

No comments: