Perhaps I'll Take Up Skiing


I've been thinking recently about getting into skiing.  I live within an hours drive of several world class skiing resorts, I have an all wheel drive vehicle which can help me get up the canyon on treacherous days, and I have basically nothing to do on the weekend except watch TV and playing video games, which is another form of watching TV.  Sure skiing lessons will be tough, and the initial expense of buying the equipment necessary to engage in this sport is high, but it will all be worth it when I'm cruising down the mountain in complete tranquility with my surroundings.  I can't think of a good reason why I shouldn't do this.


Actually, on second thought, maybe not.  If I'm going to pass out at a ski resort, I'd rather do it in a comfortable chair with a glass of scotch in my hand.  Actually, on third thought, Heineken.

No comments: