Impending Photoshop Controversy


A number of publications have been criticized recently for the way that they photoshop the subjects of their pictorials.  One of these publications is Vogue.  The February issue of Vogue features an interview and photospread with Lena Dunham, creator and star of the HBO series Girls.  Shortly thereafter, Jezebel posted a bounty, offering $10,000 for unretouched photos from Lena Dunham's photoshoot, which they quickly paid out.


The difference between the original photos and the retouched photos is stunning.  Not because of how different Lena Dunham looks in the retouched photos, but because of the amount of things they changed.  The extent to which they fiddled with nearly every detail in Miss Dunham's pictures makes me seriously rethink learning how to use Photoshop.


So why do I bring this up?  After all, I'm not a militant feminist, I've never really thought much about this issue, and I feel that all fashion magazines are not reflective of reality.  What could possibly make me think of this issue?

Kim Kardashian Is Being Photographed for Vogue RIGHT NOW


I'm curious what the people at Vogue will change about Kim Kardashian's photoshoot.

No comments: