Project Buy A Fashionable House


I've hit a few speed bumps in my pursuit of Project Buy A House due to some recent medical bills in connection to having a pair of teeth ripped out of my head.  I am still dedicated to buying my own home, and as such I am still looking for clues as to how to furnish, accessorize, and otherwise bedazzle my future home.  New York Fashion Week is going on.  Due to this I have seen read many articles on many various websites having to do with fashion, stylish ways of life, and other things that I would otherwise never encounter due to me living in a place where such things are seen as threats to the public.



One of these articles has to do with the New York apartment owned by Karlie Kloss, a Victoria's Secret model pictured above.  Hillary Crosley, a writer for Jezebel, recently posted an article about an article written for The Front Row View.  In the article about another article, Miss Crosley derides the style exhibited in the pictures of Miss Kloss's apartment, saying: 

"The only problem is — and no, I don’t know much about 21-year-old Karlie — but photos from this place look like the apartment belongs to a 40 year old.

There are pieces, like the gold circular fan wall fixture or the fur covered vanity stool, that look like they are extras from Dynasty. Even the living room looks like I should refer to it as the sitting room, what with the fur throw, glass table with gold legs and a chair that looks like it has wings?"



While it can be tough to say what exactly Miss Crosley is objecting to, due to the blog post she references having been taken down, I don't see a problem in the pictures provided in the article about the article.  Sure the accessories may be a little too garish for my taste, but I'm broke.  If I actually had money I'm sure I'd accessorize everything I had control of in a more garish fashion.  Besides, who's to say that this is actually an exhibition of Karlie Kloss's style.  This may be a case of an interior designer gone amok.  Besides, as Miss Kloss is quoted as saying:

"As models, we're dressed in everyone else's design, but this is my space. It's definitely an opportunity for me to learn who I am."

Yes, this is an experiment, she's still learning what kinds of things actually suit her.  She could junk this all tommorrow and leave old pizza boxes and leftover concert tickets strewn about as a kind of 24/7 performance art piece.

Uh oh.  I really don't have a ending or a summarizing statement for this piece.  Hey look, a kittie!


No comments: