Volume 11: Part 3- Trebyer: Monday, October 17th, 1:25 A.M.


Monday, October 17th, 1:25 A.M.
Man.  I had no idea how good a shower could feel.  The water passing over my head and over my body had the effect of washing everything away.  Dirt, sweat, stress, what just happened, everything.  That feeling, combined with my belly filled with pickles, had the effect of just making me feel good.  I hadn’t felt good like that in a long time.  Too long.
It's a good thing I got upstairs and made my choice of which of Gin's bedrooms I wanted before anyone else.  This isn’t so much a room as it is a mini-apartment.  It has a cloud-like king size bed, a shower with a showerhead positioned above your head that gently rains on you, and a large tub with jets that both massage and stimulate.  The only way this room could get better is if it had a stash of booze in it, although I haven't looked in that large armoire in the corner yet..
After I took a long comfortable bath, I settled into bed.  I didn't dress before trying to go to sleep because sleeping in dirty clothes would have hindered my perfect comfort.  As I tried to go to sleep, a sound coming from the hallway prevented me from doing so.  A persistent sound.  The kind of sound that tears at your very soul.  Someone was in the hallway crying.
I wandered out of bed and went over by the door to listen to the crying person.  I didn't get dressed because I had no intention of opening the door to see what was wrong with the person.  Also, I just didn't want to get dressed.  As I got closer to the door, I was more able to make out who the person was and what they were saying as they were crying.  Rinoa was the person who was crying, and what she said is significant.
"They're gone.  They're all gone.  I thought maybe they could survive the ride back to this damn city, but no.  No!  Those fuckers shot them.  Shot them dead!  Now I'm back.  Back here in this damn city just as alone as when I left here.  What am I even doing here?  What!  Why can't I just be rid of it.  Why can't I just leave.  Leave the city, leave these people that took my family, my friends, my whole future away from me.  Why!  Why goddamn it, why?"
What Rinoa said made me feel suddenly bad about the way I was enjoying myself in this room.  This armoire had better be loaded.
Later.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: