Red Review- WWE Supercard


Solitude is something that is increasingly hard for me to find.  More and more the stressors in my life are either finding or creating opportunity to insert themselves into my life.  Increasingly I cannot spend my free time, my money, or even my talents doing the things that I want to do with them.  Increasingly my life is spent doing things because others are either unable or, more likely, unwilling to do so for themselves.  This is why I so very much treasure work.


Five days a week for a huge block of the afternoon, I have a place I can go to where the main stressors of my life cannot bother me.  Work.  At work, I can spend the time listening to music, catching up on podcasts, thinking deeply about philosophical concepts, working on my writing, just doing what I find to be purely pleasurable as I work hard and diligently at my job.  Sure the environment may look bleak, but to me it is an oasis.  A sanctuary.  The one place that I often want to be.


Sometimes I will spend parts of the day just hanging out at my workplace's breakroom.  I will read magazines, catch up on what's happening on social media, and play video games.  These are handheld portable video games, but they are video games that I derive enjoyment out of.  This is part of the solitude that I enjoy, and I very much do not like it when anything intrudes on my solitude.


WWE Supercard is a recently released collectible card game that was recently released on many platforms, including the iPad.  The game includes many of the great dynamic WWE superstars currently on the roster, as well as Hulk Hogan.  The gameplay in this collectible card game is simplistic, not containing the kind of mana or health systems you see in Magic The Gathering or HearthStone. You simply pit your cards, and the stats that are contained on the cards, against another user's cards, and the stats that are contained on their cards.  WWE Supercard is easy to get into and addictive to play, ideal for playing on the go..... that is if you can actually get it to work on the go.



WWE Supercard suffers from the same problem that I came across with The Sims Freeplay.  In order to play WWE Supercard, you need to be connected to the internet and a server set up by the makers of the game, 2K Sports.  You cannot play WWE Supercard while you are offline.  Why?  Why do I need an internet connection to play a game that is downloaded to my iPad?  Why can't I just play the game on my iPad when I am not connected to the internet and have the results of my play session saved to my iPad?  Why can't I play this game against bots that are included with the game, or other randomly generated non-human players?  Why do I need an internet connection to play WWE Supercard?  Why can I not play WWE Supercard in my place of solitude?


WWE Supercard: C-

No comments: