Volume 11: Part 1- Moenia Prima: Thursday, March 24, 10:52 P.M.


Thursday, March 24, 10:52 P.M.
            I heard back from Moenia Prima today.
                        Dear Mr. Shurtleff,
                        It is out unfortunate duty to tell you…
            This is strange.  Not only have I gotten rejected by the three colleges I applied to, but I received the same letter from all three.  Not similar letters, the same letter.  The same letter, worded in the same way, using the same font, on what feels like the same paper.  The only difference between these letters is the logo of the college and the school president who is writing to me.
            Another strange thing is that all my friends also got rejected from all the colleges they applied to, and they also got the same rejection letter I did.  Sparra’s rejection letters were especially odd because all three letters he received misspelled his name in the same way.  I asked my cousin Robert, who goes to the high school across town, and he said he’s experienced the same thing.  Not only has he received rejection letters for college but most of his friends have only received rejection letters.  Among his friends, the only ones who’ve received acceptance letters are the two of his friends who are verbrechers.
I hope there isn’t something sinister going on.  I try not to think that there’s something racial going on here, but my mind tends to circle around back to that point.  I hope I’m proven wrong.
Goodnight.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: