Volume 11: Part 1- Moenia Prima: Monday, August 29th, 12:58 P.M.


Monday, August 29th, 12:58 P.M.
            Today is the first day of work for me, and what a great day it is!  (Sarcasm Emoticon)  I walked to work/school today with Sakoshi because I love my brother and Mom made me.  On our way, we picked up some of Sakoshi's friends.  Some were verbrecher, some were opfer, but none of them really cared.  I could tell that one of Sakoshi's verbrecher friend's parents were concerned that a tall older opfer was walking with a pack of kids, but became less concerned when they learned I was Sakoshi's brother.  Still concerned, but less so.
When I got to work/school, I noticed how the kids were playing together.  Playing games, skipping rope, climbing on jungle gyms, talking, laughing, doing all the things together.  There were no racial lines amongst these children, everyone played with everyone.
If only this can be maintained.  If only we, as adults, can be ignorant to the differences between us.  Even better, to not have to be ignorant, to not even be aware that differences exist.  How great that would be.
I just read that long sentence again.  "Sakoshi's verbrecher friend's parents".  That seems like a bit too jumbled of a description.  It's right for who I'm talking about, but I feel the need to find something more succinct.
Later.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: