Who Is A Plug


Not A Volume 11 Plug, I Swear
Over the past couple of months, I've been making my latest book, Volume 11, available for free on my website, www.Redertainment.com.  This was done by way of blog posts.  If you subscribed to the RSS feed on my website, every Tuesday and Thursday morning you would receive a small section of Volume 11.  Over time the story of Volume 11 will be told through my website.

There are many different reasons why I chose to pursue this distribution method.  One of them is that I like the concept of a story being told over time.  Unless you decide to buy Volume 11 in it's entirety, if you want to experience this story you have to wait for it to be unveiled to you.  In my mind there is one flaw with this distribution method: I am not actively writing this story.  Volume 11 is already written in it's entirety.  I do not plan to change or alter this story as visitors to my website read it.  In this way, this distribution method for Volume 11 produces a stale product.  This is why I find Who Is John McAfee so interesting.
John McAfee is the former head of McAfee security who distanced himself from his company, and the computer industry in general, and fled to Belize to purify bath salts.  On November 12th, John McAfee was accused of murder, and is currently on the run from the police.  Recently a blog popped up being written by John McAfee himself.  Remarkably, this website is still being updated with new material.  The entries consists of posts about John McAfee's attempts to evade the law, as well as posts about the people and culture of Belize.  These posts are intensely personal and are, at times, difficult to read.
The reason that I find Who Is John McAfee so interesting is that this story is still being told.  Who Is John McAfee is not a stale product, it is still living and subject to change.  There is a sense that an end to this story is coming, but the reader does not know when this end is going to happen.  As a consumer of this product, there is a part of me that wants to continue reading this story for a very long time, but there is another part of me that wants it to come to an end.



This Is A Volume 11 Plug

She looks so peaceful.  So serene.  So beautiful.  It's too bad that this won't last much longer.  Eventually this peace will break, and, if it's anything like before, everything will slide into shit.

Volume 11: Available on Kindle for $1.

No comments: