Volume 11: Part 2- Dha Chathair: Friday, October 7th, 4:57 P.M.


Friday, October 7th, 4:57 P.M.
I can see myself.  I am watching myself doing something.  Again.  I know what I am doing.  I know it all too well.  I am in Moenia Prima School #1.  I'm in a classroom.  And I am watching it.  I am watching it again.
There is a sound.  A sound that is faint, almost inaudible, a sound that can only be picked up because it is being made over and over and over and over and over.  It is the sound of the stick, the pointing stick.  It is the sound of the pointing stick passing through the air at high velocity.  It is passing through the air.  Over and over and over and over and over.
The hand is reaching out toward me again.  Valerie's hand.  The hand is getting closer and closer and closer as the sound is heard over and over and over.  This time the hand touches me and I turn away.  I turn away from the window and look.  I look at Valerie.
There is not much there for me to look at.  Nothing much there for my eyes to see.  All that is there is Valerie.  Valerie.  Valerie dressed only in a black bra, black panties, and black silk stockings.  Valerie is there.  She is standing right there clad in her sexual attire.  Valerie.  Valerie.
Valerie says something.  I can see her lips moving as if she is trying to make noise.  I cannot hear Valerie's voice.  Valerie's voice is not heard by my ears.  All I can hear is the sound.  The faint, almost inaudible sound, only picked up because it is being made over and over and over and over and over.
I turn back toward the sound.  There is not enough time to see what lies beyond the window before I am turned back.  Turned back by the hand that had reached out to me before.  Valerie.  Valerie.
I see Valerie again.  She is different.  Valerie is as she was the last time I saw here.  Valerie is as she was the last time anyone saw here.  Valerie, covered in welts, face dripping with blood, sundress barely hanging on her ravaged body.  Valerie.  Valerie.
Valerie says something.  This time I can hear her.  I know from the motion her lips make that what she said is something she had just tried to say to me.
Why didn't you do anything?
This is what woke me up today.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: