Volume 11: Part 4- Vierdestad: Tuesday, October 25th, 1:32 P.M.


Tuesday, October 25th, 1:32 P.M.
When Ushtar pulled up to his fiancé's boutique, I sincerely thought he had taken me to one of those stores the average man has no business going into.  I thought this was the kind of place that men stand outside of while inside women look over the great many silken undergarments that are only worn in secret and in seductive moments.  For a man to go into a boutique like this, he must have no choice otherwise or possess no shame for succumbing to his baser urges.
Captain Ushtar's fiancé is a girl named Grace Stilen, and she runs Stilen's Silkenries.  This boutique mainly sells upscale fine woman's underwear, as well as stylish shirts, pants, dresses, shoes, and perfume.  Of course, you wouldn't know that if you just looked at the front of the boutique.  The front window of the store contains mannequins and posters featuring some of the upscale fine women's underwear that is sold in Stilen's Silkenries.  These displays are usually appealing to most men because most men like looking, even if just for a moment, at hot half naked women.
Upon entering the boutique, we were met by three moderately attractive women covering inventory, a well dressed, well manicured man covering the counter, and Grace.  Grace is, in a word, stunning.  Grace's beauty rivals, or even exceeds, the models in the posters in the front window of her store.  Grace met me with a kiss of each cheek, the effect of which nearly made me faint.  With a tone of voice that equaled her beauty, Grace said, "How are you, my darling?"
It was a good thing Ushtar answered first.  If I had, that may have been embarrassing.  "Fine, my dear.  You?"
"Fabulous.  Who is this masculine specimen you're brought into my boutique?"
Again with the specimen talk.  "I'm Hato."
Grace continued with her beautiful tone.  "Hato, it's a pleasure to meet you.  So, what brings you here?  Are you one of those men who gets a rush from the feel of silk on your body?"
I could feel myself blushing, I just hope it didn't show that much.  "No, I haven't quite experienced that thrill.  However, I do see a number of things that Rinoa could slip right into."
The sound of woman's name caused Grace to just light up.  "Rinoa.  Such an exquisite name.  I bet you stay up at night just saying the name of your lover."
And with that Grace touched a sore spot for me.  "Well, uh- She isn't- Uh."
Thankfully, Ushtar stepped in at this point.  "I made the same mistake, Grace dear.  Rinoa and Hato aren't together like that."
Grace seemed genuinely sorry that she had said what she said, and I believe her.  I believe her because, as a part of her apology, Grace walked over and hugged me.  "Oh, I'm so sorry I made that mistake.  I'm sure there's a good opfer woman out there for you."  That statement kind of touched a sore spot for me, but I let it go because Grace's hug was so good.  "So, Ushtar, why did you bring Hato to me?  I mean, I don't have anything he might actually fit in, much less actually wear.  Hato, did Ushie want to show you his train collection?"
I stepped in to answer Grace's question.  "Actually, Rinoa does need some clothes.  She gave me her measurements, let me find them."
I took the paper Rinoa had given me and handed it to Grace.  She unfolded then looked at it.  Then Ushtar stood beside Grace and looked at the paper.  Then Grace's employees, the three moderately attractive women and the well manicured man, stood behind Grace and looked over her shoulders at the paper.  Finally, Grace stopped looking at the paper and spoke.  "Judging from these measurements, Rinoa certainly does match her exquisite name.  Shopping for her ought to be a lot of fun."
And it was a lot of fun.  At least it would have been if I had any sense as to what Rinoa wanted.  Throughout the shopping experience, Grace, Ushtar, and the four employees kept on asking me if I thought this would be something Rinoa would want.  My constant response was "I don't know, I really can't say."  It didn't matter what Grace had in stock, what color it was, what fabric it was, what cut it was, how much skin it covered, how much skin it revealed, "I don't know, I can't really say" was my response.
Finally, after going over every stitch of clothing in her store, Grace told me to leave and not to come back unless I bring Rinoa with me.  After Grace told me this, Ushtar joined his fiancé in demanding that I go get Rinoa and bring her back to Stilen's Silkenries.  That is what I am doing now.  At least that is what I should be doing right now.  Instead of going right back to The Redford to get Rinoa, I got some lunch, did a couple of light osher exercises, and started doing this journal entry.  Now I'm nearly done with the journal entry and I can't think of anything I want to do.  Now, I guess, I have to go to The Redford and talk to Rinoa.  Damn.
Later.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: