Voyeuristic?

The hidden room inside Mitt Romney’s new Utah house

The link above leads to a story that was reported in the Salt Lake Tribune on Wednesday.  The story describes a so called "secret room" in the new house Mitt Romney is building in Holladay, Utah.  There are many other details about the new Romney home, including particulars about how the home is laid out and how large is the home is.

All of this leaves me with the following impression: Why do I need to know this?  Yes, the Romneys are building a new home in Holladay.  While that may or may nor be significant, why would I need to know specific details about it?  What business is it of mine to know this information?  More importantly, is this just an invasion of the Romney family's personal privacy, or, if I dig around deep enough, can I find information like this about every home in the Salt Lake Valley?

No comments: