Moving In Slow Motion: End

I own a 2008 Mercury Mountaineer, pictured above.  It has three rows of seats, the third row is on the very back and requires you to flip up two seats in the very back part of the car.  These seats can be hard to get into and are somewhat cramped.  When I got my car I said that my car, "Seats six, four comfortably."  This was a joke.  I no longer make this joke.  Why?  When my family heard that joke, they didn't hear the "four comfortably" part of it.  All they heard was "Seats six", which they interpret as "Seats six!  That means he can take me places!"
So I've decided to end the Moving In Slow Motion blog series.  This is not because I have accomplished Project Buy A House.  In fact I can feel that goal getting further and further away with every passing day.  The reason that I am ending this blog series is that my family reads my blog.  Due to the in the Moving In Slow Motion including exact dollar amounts, my family, rather than seeing me getting closer to a big goal in my life, sees those dollar amounts and knows that I have money that I can give to them.  Sure I could say no, but my family knows that all they have to do is cry poverty and I have no choice but to fold.
It's not that I want to end this blog series.  Knowing that I was getting closer to my goals, and torturing myself in a purely masochist way, was quite enjoyable to me.  It's just that keeping this blog series going is preventing my from accomplishing my goals.  After all, if people do not know the opportunity is there they are less likely to act.  Also my family operates on the assumption that they are entitled to my money.  I'm just hoping that if I don't broadcast how much money I have, they will ask me for less of it.  In that way, I can once again continue in my pursuit of Project Buy A House.

No comments: