Dear Mr. White

Jack White's Third Man Records Starts Publishing Wing


Third Man Books

Dear Mr. White,

I am currently working on a poetic collection that I am calling Bad Love Poetry.  The premise is as follows:

You've heard the saying "Better to have love and lost than never to have loved at all".  People often reply with something like "Have you ever tried it?".  By that they mean going through a period of loss, but what if you take it another way.  What would it be like to be the kind of person who has never loved at all?  What kind of perspective would a person like that have on things?  Romance?  Normal parts of life?  Things that normal people think of as insignificant but would be to somebody else?  How would a person with that perspective on love express themselves poetically?  What kind of bad love poetry would be produced?

The way I figure it, I'm about 78% of the way done with my collection.  I don't really have a date that I'm shooting for to be done, but I can be persuaded otherwise.  Examples of my poetic works can be found at these links.  I've self published in the past, finding no financial success as I do so, but I believe I can find success if I have the right people backing me.  I've tried finding financial success myself but I simply cannot market myself in any form or fashion.  If you are in any way interested in continuing your publishing of poetry, and if Bad Love Poetry piques your interests, contact me and we can discuss bringing my work to your publishing wing.

Twitter:  @Hunter Red
Facebook:  Hunter Red
Google+:  +Hunter Red

No comments: