Volume 11: Part 1- Moenia Prima: Tuesday, September 20th, 6:27 P.M.


Tuesday, September 20th, 6:27 P.M.
Getting into the apartment building where I believe Sparra and Wanda live is an easy feat for someone well trained in osher.  All you have to do is shimmy up the drain pipe, climb over the ledge, and pick the lock on the door that grants access to the roof.  I'm surprised there aren't more robberies in this building.
The smell of charcoal became more prevalent as I approached my destination.  From just outside the door I could see the source of the odor.  Sparra's apartment resembled the place where  Delany worked.  Everything inside looked like it had been turned upside down and inside out then thrown against something.  The biggest difference between the office and the apartment is that the apartment is burnt.  Entirely.  It looks like someone spread kerosene around, focusing on the bedrooms and the kitchen, then lit a match and ran.
I looked around, trying to find my friends.  I feared what I would find would also smell of charcoal.  I found nothing.  This is a nominally good thing.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: