Volume 11: Part 1- Moenia Prima: Wednesday, September 21st, 1:48 P.M.


Wednesday, September 21st, 1:48 P.M.
It took me a while to recount what happened this morning in my journal.  It took me less time to decide how I should move forward.  The story of what's going on in this town must be told and it must be told in a way that will reach people who will do something about it.  I'm going to go to Amcan in the country of Velas.  I'm going to find the Velas Broadcast News Service and I'm going to tell them of what I've seen.  I also know how I'm going to get to Amcan,  or at least I thought I did.
When I moved the panel and emerged from the compartment I was in, Valerie's body was sill lying on her bed.  Her eyes, once so full of life and hope, were now still and hollow.  It's strange to look at someone you once found so alluring who is now dead, their body desecrated with violence.  To experience this twice in two days is indescribable.
My plan was to take Valerie's car, follow the route laid out by my Hipster's map program, and get to Amcan over the course of several days.  Sure, I don't know how to drive a car, but it can't be that hard.  Hell, the only reason we don't allow monkeys to drive is because the amount of excrement thrown out of car windows on the freeway would go down.  Valerie's keys were in her purse which I found on a broken table in the kitchen.  Before I left, I thought I should say something to Valerie, if only to settle my conscience.
"Valerie, I thought I should tell you before I left that I'm taking your car.  I know I should of helped you when Mr. Furcifer was attacking you.  I see now the fight I was hearing in that compartment you hid me in.  There is no explanation for why I didn't help you.  There is no excuse.  The only thing I can say is that I will bring people back here.  I hope doing that will lead to you telling me you forgive me in heaven a very long time from now."
After I made my peace, I set off for Dha Chathair.  At least, that is what I intended to do.  As I was about to leave, I looked out the smashed front window at Valerie's car.  The car didn't look good before, which is why I guess Valerie used to take the bus to work, but the car looked even worse with its windows smashed, hood caved in, and tires slashed.  Clearly, I wasn't going to be driving this car to Dha Chathair, or anywhere for that matter.
I needed to think about how I was going to get to where I wanted to go.  Usually when I need to think about something, I use music as a kind of lubricant.  My Hipster has a built in crappy speaker, so I started flipping around and listening to whatever music came up.  One of the songs I fell upon was Candyass by Klavier.  All of the memories I have of Klavier in some way involve Sparra.  The concert we went to together, the trip we took where all we listened to was Klavier, the many, MANY, times he declared the guitarist of Klavier to be the Siren of rock and roll, those memories ring out like the Klavier bell that Sparra bought online.
Listening to Klavier and remembering Sparra gave me an idea of how I can get to Dha Chathair.  I still need to sort out the details of this plan, but once I do it will be an awesome feat in itself.
Later.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: