Volume 11: Part 1- Moenia Prima: Tuesday, September 20th, 9:11 P.M.


Tuesday, September 20th, 9:11 P.M.
Wanda works at Captivating Pull, which is located in a part of town where dark, seedy alleys lead to darker, seedier alleys, which lead to closed down former mechanic shops where you can get anything and everything if anything and everything is cocaine and cocaine accessories.  Rarely do I venture into this part of town, but every time I do I vow never to step foot there again.
When I arrived at Captivating Pull I was greeted by a smiling big breasted blonde greeter in a business suit sitting behind a desk.  "Hi, welcome to Captivating Pull."
"Hi.  I'm actually here to see someone."
"Okay, sir.  Is it one of our guests at the club tonight or one of our performers?"
"A performer."
"Ah, I see.  Tell me her name and I'll see if she's working tonight."
"I'm looking for Wanda."
The smile suddenly left the greeter's face.  "Oh, Wanda.  Are you sure that's the name of the girl you're looking for?"
"Yes, I'm sure."
"Is that her real name or the name she performs under?"
At this point I put a little bass in my voice to show that I was serious.  "Her real name.  Wanda Petrel."
After hearing me say that the greeter got up and went into the club area.  I expected her to come back with either Wanda or a big burly security guard to toss me out.  What she came back with was a short, moderately build verbrecher gentleman in a fine business suit.  He greeted me with a handshake and a mute expression.  "Hello.  I am Anderson Anole, manager of this club.  Could you follow me please?"  I followed Mr. Anole through his club, past many alluring women, back into his office.  Mr. Anole let me into his office, closed the door behind me, then walked around behind his desk.  I was just beginning to look around the office when I heard a click in front of me.  "Get your hands up."  There was Anderson standing with a gun pointed at me and a terrified look on his face.
"Man, what are you doing?"
"I said get your hands up!"  I did as the man with the gun said.  "Who are you and who sent you?"
"My name is Hato Shurtleff and no one sent me.  I'm trying to find my friend Wanda."
"Did that kid send you?"
"What kid?"
"That tall kid that Wanda was always going home with."
I thought for a moment.  "You mean Sparra."
"Yes, that's the one.  Are you with him?"
"Sparra is my friend but he didn't send me here."
"Liar!"  Anderson pointed the gun more intently now.  "Tell me why I shouldn't shoot you right now."
It took me a second to figure out how to play this.  "Shooting an unarmed opfer in your office would be bad for business."  Anderson must have bought this because he slowly started to put his gun down.  "Look, I'm not looking to harm anyone.  I just want to find my friends and get out of this town."
Anderson put his gun down on his desk and started looking around for something.  "You don't know what happened to Wanda?"
"No."
Anderson found what he was looking for, a pack of smokes and a lighter.  "So, you don't know why I'm ancy about running into your friend, Sparra."
"No, I don't."
Anderson lit a cigarette, took a long drag on it, and began talking.  "You see, at Captivating Pull, we offer many different sexual opportunities to our clients.  We can accommodate anything from a striptease to a lapdance to full on intercourse and beyond.  Our opportunities are pricy, but the demand is strong.  One day, this guy comes in here, plops down an envelope filled with cash, and requests something he called the graveyard treatment."
I was puzzled by this.  "What is the graveyard treatment?"
"It's where you fuck a corpse.  We've simulated things like this before, but this gentleman was insistent on getting the authentic experience, and he was willing to pay a lot of money to get it."
I hesitated in asking this next question.  "What do you mean the authentic experience?"
"To actually fuck a dead woman.  I negotiated a price and a girl for him, then I took the necessary steps to accommodate him."
"Wait.  Are you telling me you killed a woman so that somebody could give you money to fuck her dead body?"
"Yep."
"Did you go through with this transaction?"
"Yep."
"Was the woman that you killed in order to facilitate this transaction Wanda?"
"Yep."
The matter of fact way that Anderson admitted to his heinous crime aggravated me.  "You inhuman piece of shit.  How can you in an almost bragging manner, admit to treating a human being like that?  You miserable little-"
I stopped when I noticed Anderson had picked up his gun and was pointing it at me again.  "I killed your friend when he started talking to me like that.  If you don't want to end up like him, get out now."
I stood there for a moment, contemplating taking my chances in attacking this slimeball.  Then I remembered what my Dad said to me, his faith that I would survive this.  I couldn't let him down, not like this.
So I left Captivating Pull and the section of the city it was in, vowing again never to step foot there.  I don't know if what Anderson Anole said about my friends is true, but I dread finding out.  Now to see if Delany is all right.  I hope to God she is.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: