Volume 11: Part 2- Dha Chathair: Sunday, September 25th, 11:50 A.M.


Sunday, September 25th, 11:50 A.M.
I felt really out of place at church today.  Not in the way that I feel out of place in places where I'm the only opfer in a room full of verbrechers.  Nor is it in the way that I usually feel out of place in church because I'm the only young person in a room full of old people.  At church today everybody was wearing their Sunday best, suits and nice dresses, while I was dressed in denim pants and a t-shirt.  In that congregation I stood out like a sore thumb that was dressed in denim pants and a t-shirt
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or stand out from the crowd.  Usually when I go to church, I wear the kind of respectful full suit and tie that, over the course of the Sunday service, gets soaked in sweat.  I just no longer have that suit.  All the clothes I have are what I'm wearing right now and the work clothes Sam gave me.  My intention is to get all kinds of stylish new threads to replace the clothes I left in Moenia Prima, but that won't happen untill I get to Amcan.  Untill then I guess I'll have to deal with the weird looks from the faithful.
When I say that I get weird looks from the faithful I don't mean the people who go to church with me at the Church of the Holy God.  Those people seem to have embraced me like a brother.  The weird looks I'm referring to come from the people who go to The Church Of The Lord, The One And Only Son Of God.  The people from The Church Of The Lord look at the members of any other church with distain, but I seemed to get the worst of it.  What particularly struck me about this is that most of the people who go to that church are verbrecher.
After his sermon, I asked The Father why the people who go to The Church Of The Lord look at us like that.  This is what he said:
"My son, the faithful at The Church Of The Lord are taught that their faith is the one and only true faith.  They believe that only by following their teachings, and only their teachings, can anyone achieve the highest of all high rewards, entrance into the kingdom of Heaven.  They are also taught that anyone who doesn't follow their faith, and especially those who know of the faith and willingly choose not to follow their faith, are going straight to Hell.  So, my son, that's why the followers of The Church Of The Lord don't like us.  Although, the looks they're giving us now are new, and I do not know why they're doing that."
There's a part of me that wants to find out why the faithful of The Church Of The Lord are looking at us like that, but part of me is afraid of what will result from it.
Later.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: