Volume 11: Part 2- Dha Chathair: Wednesday, September 28th, 10:07 P.M.


Wednesday, September 28th, 10:07 P.M.
Today I learned something that I don't know quite how to respond to.  Spiker Sullivan has a TV show where he expounds on the things he discusses on his radio show.  Spiker is a verbrecher with a complexion as white as a can of white house paint.  I believe his exact shade is ivory.
I found out about this tonight when Sam was trying to find some news.  I was in the main house of the farm cleaning up while Sam was inside watching TV.  In his search he fell upon Sly 7 and ran straight into Spiker's face sitting behind a desk in a studio in downtown Dha Chathair.  Sam's response to this was both calm and measured.  "God damn it!  Who the fuck gave that fuck a show!"
As Sam continued to fume, Spiker began to say more things that would piss Sam off.  "Hello, my friends.  Tonight, we will be discussing many things, including the unfolding scandal involving Representative Antonio.  However first, I feel I must take you on a trip through history."
Spiker then got up from behind his desk and wandered over to where a monitor was set up which displayed a series of images as Spiker spoke.  The first image was an old faded photo of a church.  "There was a time, long before you or I were blessed with life, when The Church Of The Lord, The One And Only Son Of God and the Church of the Holy God were one.  All of the people in Dha Chathair and in all of Dolore believed in the same one true faith.  This faith was simply called the faith and the church was simply called the church, although most of the time it went without a name.  People in Dolore just knew what it was without having to acknowledge it."
At this point the image behind Spiker changed to the same old faded photo of a church but this time the picture was torn and separated down the middle.  "Then the Great Schism happened.  A group of selfish, infantile folks chose to follow a life of unabashed indulgence.  These people chose to walk away from the one and only truth and deceive themselves into believing a false truth."
At this point the image behind Spiker changed to a group of people, mainly opfers but also some verbrechers, standing in front of the third branch of the Church of the Holy God.  "These are the people who believe in the false truth.  These are the people who delude themselves that leading an indulgent lifestyle is the way of the Lord, the one and only son of God.  These are the followers of the Church of the Holy God.  These are the people I'm trying to reach at my rally.  These are the people I'm trying to bring back into the embrace of the Lord, the one and only son of God."
At this point the image behind Spiker changed to the logo for the event he was actively promoting.  "The Restoration Of Truth rally  Saturday, October 15th.  On that day, we will bring the truth to the deviants.  We will.  You can find out more about the Restoration Of Truth rally at The Spiker Sullivan Show website, or the Sly 7 website at Sly7News.co.do.  Coming up, more on the Representative Antonio scandal, including a possible attempt by people with ties to the leadership of the Church of the Holy God to squash this story.  We'll be right back."
At this point the show went to commercial, which gave Sam a break from the loud cursing fit he was engaged in.  I found Sam's anger kind of concerning.  It's not that I disagree with him, but I've seen that kind of anger before and I don't like it.  I swear, if I didn't have to work with him to get to Amcan, I wouldn't.  October 22nd better get here quick.
Goodnight.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: