Volume 11: Part 2- Dha Chathair: Saturday, October 15th, 1:35 P.M.


Saturday, October 15th, 1:35 P.M.
We're a week away from the shipment that will take me to Trebyer, and hopefully Amcan after that.  In preparation for that trip, several of my fellow workers and me were tasked with rounding up all the wooden crates that are used to haul the harvest.  This ended up being quite a chore as these crates  as these crates were scattered all throughout the farm and were being used to hold tools, water bottles, clothes, cleansers, electronics, rags, books, trash, shoes, and other assorted bullshit.  We had to find the crates, dump out the contents of the crates, then tell the people who owned the contents of the crates that we had dumped out their things, all while hoping that no one reacts violently.
As my fellow workers and I went around gathering crates, we listened to the radio.  At first we listened to a radio station that was covering the Restoration Of The Truth Rally, which I was actively avoiding.  The only reason I was at the farm was that I didn't want to go downtown and run right into the rally.  So, I asked one of the guys to change the station, which he did.  Unfortunately, he changed it to the pop station, which at the time was playing one of the songs I heard when the solitary opfer woman was murdered.  I could hardly stand to hear that song.  I don't think I'll ever disassociate that song with that murder.  I asked the guy who changed that station to turn it back, playing it off as me not liking pop music.
The rally started with some musical acts, pundits, politicians, and other people I could give a rat's ass about.  A grand speech to be delivered by Spiker Sullivan was to serve as the culmination, the climax, the main event.  As if all the t-shirts, banners, signs, chants, and declaration adoration didn't feed Spiker's ego enough, he had to be the star of the rally that he created.  When the time came for Spiker to speak, this is what he said.
"Hello, my friends."  There was a long pause while the applause from the crowd swelled then went back down.  "First of all, I need to thank the people at Sly 7 and Untitled Corporation for helping put this thing together.  Before I begin, I feel I must address something.  Something that the detractors, the deceivers, have been beating their drum about lately.  These deceivers lashed out at me over what they wrongly called an infomercial, in particular they focused on one word that was used in that message.  Freton."  Another pause for the swelling applause to die down.  "Allow me to teach you something about that word.
"Freton is an old Dolorian word, first used by those who settled this country, as a way to describe someone who is willfully ignorant to the point you mistake their ignorance for stupidity.  At first the people who settled Dolore used freton sparingly, but as they encountered more and more people, the word freton started getting used more and more.
"Eventually the word freton became to be closely associated with the people who call themselves opfers.  This association wasn't an insult, it was a statement of fact.  Opfers, as a group, became so unbelievably ignorant, that it angered the people who settled this country, who the opfers insisted on calling verbrechers.  The opfers angered the verbrechers, so the verbrechers insisted on calling the opfers fretons, which angered them.  Not the most ideal of circumstances, but it is what it is."  A pause while the crowd lightly chattered amongst themselves.
"My friends, what I just engaged in is something that needs to be done more in our good, righteous, pure, patriotic society.  I, and the others before me who spoke from this stage, are actively engaging in this thing, but we need more.  We need more people engaging in this thing.  We need you, the good, faithful people in the crowd today and listening in other locations, we need you all to start teaching.  We need you all to start teaching the truth.  The truth.  The one truth.  The only truth.  The truth that is, was, and forever shall be the truth, despite the lies the deceivers claim with their biased view of history."  A long pause while a large cheer erupted from the audience in response to that line.
"My friends, we need to teach the truth about the work of the Lord, the one and only son of God.  We need to teach about the laws set forth by the Lord, the one and only son of God.  We also need to teach of the consequences of not following the words, the works, and the laws that reflect the one and only truth given to us by the Lord, the one and only son of God."  A short pause while the cheers of the crowd reaches a crescendo.  "And what better way to teach these people, these fretons, the consequences of living in a way that runs in conflict with the truth from the Lord, the one and only son of God, than to bring those consequences to their doorsteps.  We need to teach consequences by being the people who meter out justice and bring those consequences down upon those fretons.  We need to become the boot of the Lord, the one and only son of God.  We need to become the fist of the Lord, the one and only son of God.  We need to become the sword of the Lord, the one and only son of God."  The cheers of the crowd swelled to a fervor.  "My friends, we need to wipe the world of the fretons, and we need to start doing so today."
Oh shit.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: