Reexamining The Appeal Of The Damning Of Denial

The following is a statement I made in front of the Utah House Environmental Affairs Committee in favor of House Bill 8675309.  Don't believe me?  LOOK IT UP!
For many years, I have been a fan of Victoria's Secret.  More specifically, I have been a fan of their ads.  Victoria's Secret ads are always guaranteed to make me stop and intently watch.
Most men, and several women, are fans of the advertisements put out by Victoria's Secret.  Most people attribute the appeal of these ads to the very fact that they feature some of the most beautiful women in the world in some of the most revealing clothing in the world.  Some people attribute the appeal to people's love of fashion.  They are wrong.
For years, I attributed my liking of Victoria's Secret ads to the same reasons that everyone else does.  Recently I've been reexamining why Victoria's Secret ads appeal to me.  This is due to this commercial.
This is an advertisement for Electronic Art's alleged video game Sim City.  This ad features Adam Devine in the role of the mayor... in his underwear.  You can see quite prominently Adam Devine's tighty-whities when he's sitting on the desk in front of the camera.
What struck me about this ad is the effect it had on me.  When I am skipping through commercials, as I always do and have done for years, and I fall upon a fragment of any of the new Sim City ads, I stop skipping.  I stop and intently watch, just like I do with the Victoria's Secret television ads.
The similar response I have to both of these ads have caused me to reexamine my behavior as it relates to these ads.  After some thorough soul searching, which is quite hard since I am a Ginger, I have discovered my true reasons for my intent watching of Victoria's Secret ads.  Denial.
Denial is a major north-flowing river in northeastern Africa, generally regarded as the longest river in the world.  It is 6,650 km long. Denial is an "international" river as its water resources are shared by eleven countries, namely, TanzaniaUgandaRwandaBurundiDemocratic Republic of the CongoKenyaEthiopiaEritreaSouth SudanSudan and Egypt.  In particular, Denial provides the primary water resource and so it is the life artery for its downstream countries such as Egypt and Sudan. 
Denial is something that I suspect will continue to have a great effect on my life.  Untill such point that we construct a dam to more adequately control the flow of denial, this mighty force will continue to have a great effect on me and the people around me.  The construction of such a dam will be costly, but will also have a great benefit to the community.  The hydrological power that can be generated with the damning of denial can fuel our community's further growth.  Also, the great reservoir that will come with the damning of denial will provide a recreation opportunity for our residents, as well as possible tourism income.  All these reasons and more are why I urge you to vote for the construction of the dam of denial.  Thank you.

No comments: