Volume 11: Part 3- Trebyer: Sunday, October 16th, 6:53 A.M.


Sunday, October 16th, 6:53 A.M.
We have reached the time of year where the temperatures in the country of Dolore start to turn south.  This is the time of year when the fall foliage starts coming in, when birds begin to migrate away from where they spent their summer, and people start wearing jackets when they go outside.  In this temperature it's not terrible comfortable to be outside in light clothing.  Especially when you are in the back of a fast moving truck, where the wind sends a chill throughout your body, and most especially when that body being chilled is injured.  Such is the experience of the many, many people, mostly opfers, riding in the back of Sam's truck on its way to Trebyer.
Sam drove through the night last night, not stopping or slowing down for anything.  Sam looked like he wasn't going to stop, that is untill Rinoa convinced him of doing so by saying that he "probably didn't want his truck to smell like the piss of at least a dozen people."  Sam stopped at a gas station just after dawn.  We didn't have any money to buy anything, but the manager let us use the bathroom anyway.  From what I've heard, that bathroom is more filthy, putrid, and disgusting than the back of the truck would have been had we not stopped.
I haven't gotten out.  I'm still sitting here in the front seat of Sam's truck, trying to comprehend all of what's happening.  I don't want to get out.  Getting out would mean that I would see people.  Injured people.  Injured people that will remind me of Delany, Sparra, Wanda, and Sakoshi.  I can't allow that.  I can't allow myself to have a mental breakdown right now.  I have to get to Amcan.  Getting to Amcan is the only important thing now.
Rinoa looks frazzled.  She's walking around and looking at all the people oddly.  I wonder why she's doing that.  I'll have to find out once we get rolling again.
Later.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: