I'm Putting Together A Collection


People are talking about Tom Carson's review for the movie Third Person, starring Liam Neeson and Olivia Wilde.  Specifically people are talking about Tom Carson's objections to Olivia Wilde playing the role of a writer.  Quoting from Carson's review:

She's supposed to be a writer too, but your belief in that won't outlast Wilde scampering naked through hotel corridors once Neeson playfully locks her out of his room. With that tush, who'd need to be literate? Who'd want to?

While the debate goes on as to whether or not Olivia Wilde is a smart and articulate person while also being hot as balls, Tom Carson's objections bring up an interesting question in my mind.


What does a writer's butt look like?  While we think of writers as bookish, shy, demure, and generally unattractive people, those are all stereotypes.  Writers run the gamut from confident people with well defined features and long silky hair to trollish imps who people wish would stop dicking around and get the fuck to work.  As near as I can tell there is no good consensus out there as to what a writer's butt looks like that is not reliant on stereotypes.  I am looking to change that.


I am looking to put together a collection of pictures of writer's butts.  I'm not looking for paparazzi shots or the kind of pics that would fill the gossip rags if the gossip rags gave a fuck about writers.  Rather I am looking for writers to document their own posteriors for posterity, as well as to better inform the public about the general form of some of the most deep thinkers of our time.  I'd like to see submissions from some of the greatest writers of our time, specifically I'd like to see derrieres of Neil Gaiman, Nicholson Baker, and Margaret Atwood.  I'm doing my part.  Here's mine:

No comments: