Volume 11: Part 1- Moenia Prima: Tuesday, May 3rd, 5:18 P.M.


Tuesday, May 3rd, 5:18 P.M.
            Today was my interview for the position of office assistant at Barrett, Copeland, and Reno.  Based on the race question I encountered on the application, I was sure this was going to go badly.  Well guess what?  It went badly!  I’m as shocked as you are.
            I ditched school to go to my ten A.M. appointment at BC&R.  I would have asked for a later appointment but this allowed me to ditch school for a legitimate reason, which is a good thing.  My parents would disagree, but they tend to disagree with me on a lot of things.  I got to the BC&R offices at 9:45, checked in, and was told to sit in the waiting area untill my name was called.  So I waited.
And waited.
And waited.
Occasionally I checked in to make sure the receptionist hadn’t forgotten but mostly I waited.
And waited.
And waited.
And waited.
For several hours I waited for my interview at Barrett, Copeland, and Reno to call my name.  As I sat patiently in the waiting room, I saw several applicants enter, check in, get called to be interviewed, then leave with either a happy, sad, or indifferent look on their face.  And I continued to wait.
And wait.
And wait.
As I waited I noticed something.  All of the applicants that came in and were seen were verbrecher.  In fact, outside of a delivery guy that came in at about one, I was the only opfer that entered the waiting room at Barrett, Copeland, and Reno that day.  Weird.
At about 4:30 the office started clearing out.  No one told me that everyone was going home for the day untill the receptionist came over and asked me what I was doing.  This was the same receptionist I saw at 9:45, had checked in with about every hour or so, acting as if she had never seen me before.  I ditched school for this?
I’m walking home right now with a feeling of dejection in my mind and a completely empty feeling in my stomach.  This is bullshit.  Fucking bullshit.
Goodnight.
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: