Volume 11: Part 1- Moenia Prima: Wednesday, June 15th, 9:05 A.M.


Wednesday, June 15th, 9:05 A.M.
My job interview with Mattison was scheduled for today.  I had gotten all prepared like I had for my other interviews and was about to leave.  Then I got a phone call before I left the house.
"Hello, can I speak to Hato Shurtleff?"
"This is Hato Shurtleff speaking."
"Hi.  This is Martha from Mattison.  You are scheduled to have a job interview with us today."
"Yes, I was just about to leave for your office."
"That's why I am calling you.  We received a call from the Moenia Prima Police Department late yesterday.  Were you arrested on Wednesday night?"
Shit.  "Yes, yes I was arrested on Saturday night, but allow me to-"
"Well then, I must tell you that Mattison has a policy of not hiring someone with a criminal record."
"But miss, let me-"
"In fact, I'm calling to tell you that we've cancelled your appointment for today."
"But I haven't been convicted, and the arrest was complete-"
"Company policy is clear on this.  There is no discussion to be had.  Good day."  Then there was a click followed by a dial tone.
FUCK
Hato Shurtleff

No comments: