Project Buy A House In Peru


Recently I was accused of breaking copyright law by my ISP.  While I am not admitting anything, I will say that my Media PC is full of music that I own but have not listened to recently.  Rather than seeking to download music in a completely legal and legitimate manner, I am looking for places where I could get away with piracy.  Not that I engage in piracy, because piracy is wrong.  (Look out, they're watching!)


Again, I turn toward an article on Vice Magazine.  In a post entitled Peru's DVD Pirates Are Its Top Culture Dealers, Derek Mead gives details of the thriving bootleg market in Peru, as well as the high amount of piracy that goes on in that country.  This makes me sincerely think about moving to Peru.


What am I going to do in Peru?  Simple, pirate!  I am perfectly willing to sit in a booth all day surrounded by bootlegged/pirated material with a DVD burner humming in the background.  Sure this might not be the most profitable business in the world, but the difference in the cost of living between here and Lima makes up the difference.  Besides, I've been looking into Buddhism and the concept of doing away with material possessions is appealing to me.


Sure explaining my move to people might be difficult at first, but people never really understand why I do anything.  Hell, I'll probably end up having an hour long discussion of why I'm going to go see The Raid 2 on Sunday.  Would having to explain why I want to move to Peru be any worse than having to explain why I want to go see a movie?  Would having to explain why I want to move to Peru be any worse than having to be grilled about why I want to do anything at any time for any reason?  Of course not.  Now, what's the Peruvian equivalent of Realtor.com?

No comments: