Golf Video Game Options


With the announcement of the scrapping of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 15, avid golf video game players are looking for another way to continue playing one of their favorite games.  While The Golf Club looks like an intriguing option, the lack of a set date for the release of this title may make consumers looks elsewhere.


What about Mario Golf: World Tour?  Yes it's a Mario game with kiddie graphics, but, based on this hands-on preview, the gameplay appears to be solid.  Also, appearing to be less than serious never stopped Hot Shots Golf from being great.  Add in that Mario Golf: World Tour has a May 2nd release date, and this title seems like a great option.  Now, let's look at the price.


$30?  Thirty bucks for a 3DS title plus the already announced Season Pass for fifteen?  That may not sound like a lot for a video game, but considering that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 is still on sale on Amazon for twenty bucks, I think I'd rather choose last year's model.  It's not like I'm missing out on anything, all the same courses are there, the gameplay is still solid, and the roster of golfers included is still relatively current.  In fact, why do I need to buy a new golf video game this year when I can still play the game I was playing last year?  I think that's the option I'm going with.  Besides, I'm still pursuing Project Buy A House.  Any reduction in expenses will help me achieve that goal.

No comments: