Phooey


Over the past couple of months, I have been independently learning how to write code.  I have been working to gain a proficiency in HTML and C++, as well as dabbling in Java and Visual Basic.  There is one reason why I am pursuing this goal.


I want to hack the Xbox One Kinect so that I can remotely spy on people.  I'm not doing this because I want to show how it can be done so that a security hole can be patched up, as many white hat security professionals do.  In fact, it was my intention to keep this little project of mine quiet so that I could spy on people without anyone noticing.


I won't go into detail as to who I would be spying on and to what end I would be wanting to spy on them, but I believe the picture provided above says more that I care to type.  Yes, my motives were base and craven, but my motives to do everything are base and craven.  Hell, I write books in the hopes that people might find me more attractive.  It hasn't worked yet, but still I'm trying.


On Wednesday my hopes were dashed.  In an article posted on IGN, a Microsoft representative is quoted as saying, "There is no tech magic going on here and Kinect cannot see through clothing."  Phooey.  Now how am I going to use the internet to watch women get naked?

No comments: