Then What?


This article on Gizmodo contains step by step instructions on how to install the newly released beta of SteamOS.  The instructions provided are fairly idiotproof, and, as a tech moron, I know things that are idiotproof.  In fact, I could have installed SteamOS this morning just to play around with it.  There are two reason why I haven't.


Reason one is that I don't have a spare computer laying around that I can play with.  Sure I could use the PC Laptops laptop that I still have, but, given it's state of disrepair, I kind of don't want to play with it right now.  Sure I could use the netbook that I have, but I only use that for when I go to hotels and bittorrent a fuckton of music via the hotel's free unsecured WiFi.


The second reason I haven't installed SteamOS is that I don't know what to do with it.  Sure the instructions in the article explicitly tell me that I can play games via Steam on SteamOS, but, since I'm exclusively a console gamer, I need something else to do with this operating system.  Yes, I could engage in investigation to discover what else I could do with SteamOS, but I'm lazy and I want to be told exactly what I can do and how, hence the reason the I need idiotproof instructions.


Therefore, I'm going to wait untill more people find more things to do with SteamOS before I download and install it.  Then again, this may be something that stays on my To Do List for many years to come, right next to paying off my credit card debt and exercising.

No comments: